Sunday, June 25, 2017

How To Remove Burnt Milk Off Pots

I have recently been making a lot of flan/rice pudding. These recipes require boiling milk. I really dislike how the milk will burn and stay stuck on the pot. I literally left a pot with soapy water in the sink for a week. When I was ready to wash the pot, I realized the soapy water was not enough. I also REALLY needed to use that specific pot. So I got on Pinterest and searched "How to remove burnt milk from pot" , the solutions were endless. Thanks to a wonderful pinner/blog, I was able to remove the burnt milk within 3 minutes.

  1. Pour 1/4 cup of water in the pot with burnt milk and boil at medium heat.
  2. Stir in 2 teaspoons of BAKING SODA or more into the hot water.
  3. You will notice burnt flakes coming of the bottom slowly.
  4. Use a wooden spoon to start scraping off the bottom of the pot to remove the burnt milk.
  5. Thoroughly was the pot with soap and hot water as usual.
 I took the picture late so I had already started scraping off milk
Clean pot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Date Night On A Budget

Azalayah was on vacation for five days. That meant Chris and I had plenty of alone time. We aren't the type that go to fancy dinners or...