Saturday, June 10, 2017

Nostalgic Food

How has everyone been? Lets get into the new blog post...

Have you ever wanted to try food that is outside of you comfort zone? Or have you wanted to try a different type food?

I grew up eating hamburgers, hotdogs, and primarily Mexican food. My mother is Salvadorian and my father is Mexican. I vaguely remember EVER eating Salvadorian food as a child, and if we did it was my Grandma's tamales, pupusas, and platanos. Now that I am an adult with a family of my own, I am more curious about the culture. I have a co-worker that is Salvadorian and she has taught me so much about the culture and food. This morning, I decided to make my own breakfast. I premade the black beans in the crockpot the night before I added a quarter of an onion and one clove of garlic. 

Plantains and Black Beans with Crema, Hand-made Tortillas and over medium egg.

Is there any type of food that you wish you knew how to cook or tend to feel connected to?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Date Night On A Budget

Azalayah was on vacation for five days. That meant Chris and I had plenty of alone time. We aren't the type that go to fancy dinners or...